Sunday, December 28, 2008

Classes for the New Year.

We are adding a 6 A.M a 9 A.M and a Noon hour class. They will be available Monday Wednesday and Friday These classes will commence when filled, so if you know anyone who has been sitting on the fence maybe one of these slots will fill their needs.

I had an opportunity to chat with James " Sandman" Erving today. Really nice, down to earth guy. I found it very telling that he shares my (our) ideas as to functional fitness vs the fitness industry model. Says he has not touched a weight in ages save for Kettle Bells and tires. He gave me some interesting ideas for grip training.  He will be back in June and hopefully will be able to pay us a visit.

Olympic Lifting:

We are also going to commit one day a month (min) to Olympic lifting. For the time being it  will be the first Saturday of every Month and will go after the 9A.M CrossFit Class from 10 - 11 ish.  first session then will be January 3.

Fight Club:

Some of you have seen the Facebook page. Fight Club is going to give us a chance to play and learn with different techniques,styles etc. Our first seminar will go end of January and will be lead by Wolfgang Brutter a 20 year Kick Boxer. Should be fun. We are aiming to hold a "Fight Club" event every months end.

3 comments:

  1. Sweet stuff, Mike. I'm I'm for the oly classes for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent Jamie, We shall do our best. How was you exam?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I passed the written portion. I'll need to do the practical next.

    ReplyDelete